It's true!!! I have found a lot of comfort and joy in the sound of ones laughter!
I learned at a very young age that it was more fun to laugh then to do any other thing! Being the only girl with 3 brothers, what other option did I have? Life can be boring without the power of giggling! he he he
I remember back when I was first married Dave and I hadn't been married long, but we had children very quickly! In fact, I had my third child a few days before my oldest turned 2 and a half! Yikes, 3 kids 2 and a half and under! It was quite crazy and could be very trying at times!! I remember specifically a day that Dave had come home from work for lunch! It just happened that this day was our anniversary, and as with days back then when my children were so small and so dependant, it was a trying day! However, I wanted it to be a good day so as I was preparing lunch I stopped while it was cooking and took a minute to give my ever-so sexy husband ;) a kiss!!! We finished our "welcome home for lunch on our anniversary" kiss (lol) and @ precisely the same time we both looked down on the floor! We saw something that we didn't immediately recognize until we gave it a little more attention.... @ our feet was none other then a little piece of toddler POOP!!! I distinctly remember thinking..... " I can either cry about this because that's what kind of day it is or I can laugh about it!" I chose to do the latter..... I looked dreamily into Dave's eyes and said ""HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY!" bahahaha we both burst into laughter because well, the other option just wasn't as fun! We decided quite quickly with our rapidly growing family that joy and laughter would have to be a HUGE part of our lives! We have never regretted it and we choose to laugh alot in our home!
Have you ever laughed so hard your stomach hurt! I have... in fact I just did the other night, over something that wasn't meant to be as funny as it turned out! I had a smile on my face for 2 days just thinking about it!! It is very refreshing...... I dare you to try it, it's SOOOO worth it!!
It reminds me of the song from one of my favorite movies as a child... Mary Poppins (I just got to go see this play by the way... and there was no sign of my favorite song :(.. but that's ok... it was awesome to go to anyway!)
"We love to laugh,
loud and long and clear,
we love to laugh
so everybody can hear,
The more you laugh
the more you fill with glee
and the more the glee
the more we're a merrier we!!! "
I LOVE IT!!!! Laughter brings a sense of excitement and fun to anyones day! It makes the hard times easier, the sad times happier, it's like a burst of color on an otherwise dreary day! It gives one a sense of satisfaction, balance to the heart and brings a twinkle to the eye!!
I would like to think that when my children are old and grown that they will always remember the laughter that filled our home so many times through the years! And that whenever they think about the best advice we have given (and it's something I say quite often...) It will be,
**** When all else fails...............LAUGH ABOUT IT****
It is always the better choice! You'll never regret choosing to laugh instead of yell, and having a smile on your face rather then a frown! Life is so much more fun when you use LAUGHTER AS THE BEST MEDICINE!!! You''ll be amazed the things it can cure!
I am going to add one of my favorite videos... yes, I might sound like a slightly rude mother, ha ha, and some of you out there might find me completely crazy... but I LOVE IT!! This is the kind of thing we do to make everyday a happy.... or a crazy one @ our house!!!
p.s. please don't judge me or think I am an absolute loon!!!! hahahahahahahahah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNOydNP8L_Q
Enjoy!!! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment